Monday, October 13, 2014

Long Talks.

Today I had an appointment with my gynecologist to check my blood pressure after I had pre-eclampsia when I went into labor. As always, she started the check up pretty normal, she went over the medication I was taking, asked about how my labor went and my son was doing. Finally, I asked her how I would know if I had postpartum depression. It was something I was extremely concerned about seeing how I was crying nonstop for a while and I couldn't sleep. I couldn't help but feel down.

 She then told me, what is it with women in this country? She asked me to explain everything I was feeling and we proceeded to have a great talk. She gave me so much good advice and I honestly hadn't felt better in so long. I saw my boyfriend, baby, family, and in-laws in such a better light. I decided that I would stop feeling sorry for myself and take action. I really am not depressed.

After the long talk with her, I realized  I was taking my boyfriend for granted. I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't sleep. I am missing home. I am missing my parents and feel stressed about their situation. I have to realize that although my parents are my world, I don't live with them anymore. I need to focus and worry about my own family. If not, I will go crazy worrying about myself and my parents. Things get so hard and I want to take on so much. I need to realize that I need to take on things one at a time and live life by the moment.

Right now, I'm watching my boys sleep. Boy do they look so peaceful. Junior always sleeps so good next to his daddy. I couldn't have asked for a better man.

Love, Maria.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment