Monday, September 29, 2014

I'm flying home.

"When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself.
When nobody else compliments you, then learn to compliment yourself.
It's not up to other people to keep your encouraged.
It's up to you.
Encouragement should come from the inside."


I don't know who wrote this, but I was on WeHeartIt earlier, scrolling wasting my time, and this came up. It kinda opened up my eyes that I say I will change my ugly ways, and still don't. 

Trust me, I have become WAY more appreciative of everything since my previous blog posts. BUT I still sometimes get whiny. I need to grow up. LITERALLY. No not literally, I'm not sure if that can be literal. I'm only 4'11. I can't grow anymore. ANYWAYS...

What I mean is that sometimes, I still get upset if my boyfriend doesn't compliment me. Or I expect him to up me when I'm down. I need a confidence booster. 

It reminds me of high school, I would always thrive on other peoples compliments and praises. Then and only then would I feel good about myself. That is not the way it should be. What am I going to be showing my son? I see other mothers, who are all about their children, but still do scandalous things or move on from guy to guy and for what ever reason they do it, it's not healthy for their children.

I want to show my child confidence and love. I want to bring him into a world where he can feel safe to be who he wants and even if he is judged for being exactly who he is, he won't let it get to him because he knows who he is.

For years, I struggled with my identity and now that I'm getting a hold of who I am, I don't want to lose it over something as petty as  I didn't receive a compliment. 

I am beautiful. I am strong. I don't need anyone to tell me or remind me. I will make it in this world. I will be happy. For my family, for myself, and for my future. 


In lighter news, or is it on?...I cannot wait for this pregnancy to be over with. As of yesterday I am 38 weeks pregnant and oh lawd they are dragging!! I am so tired, my feet are humongous and swollen and I'm hungry 98% of the time. I pee about every hour now and the pains are incredibly terrible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment